International Society for Coaching Psychology (ISCP)
The International Society for Coaching Psychology (ISCP) is an international professional membership body established to further the discipline and profession of coaching psychology. With the growing interest in coaching psychology around the world, The International Society for Coaching Psychology hopes to encourage the development of the theory, research and practice in coaching psychology and support coaching psychologists in their work. The international aspect of the Society is reflected in our Honorary Vice Presidents who are based in Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Korea, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, USA, Greece, South Africa, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
The objects for which the International Society for Coaching Psychology is established are to provide an organisational and practical basis for the activities in the field of coaching psychology and in particular:-
- To promote and develop the science, profession and discipline of coaching psychology.
- To aid the advancement of the theory, practice, and science of coaching psychology.
- To publicise and comment on courses for continuing professional education with the objective of raising standards of those practising coaching psychology.
- To bring together those persons engaged in the practice of coaching psychology for the interchange of views, experiences and for mutual consultation.
- To arrange seminars, conferences and discussion groups on matters of common interest and act as a clearing-house for the exchange of ideas and information on the practice of coaching psychology.
- To publish a Journal and/or Newsletter and other publications, maintain a website and run email discussion groups.
- To facilitate the formation of sectional or regional branches of the Society or groups with special purposes.
- To be a representative of the field of coaching psychology and to develop and foster relationships with other bodies or authorities.
- To recognise and/or accredit coaching psychology courses and centres of coaching psychology expertise.
- To maintain national and international Registers of Accredited or Certified Coaching Psychologists.
- To maintain national and international Registers of Accredited or Certified Coaching Psychologist Supervisors, Trainers and Consultants.
- To facilitate the registration of members and coaching psychologists to any relevant voluntary or compulsory register in their country.
- To undertake all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them.
- To initiate and promote the maintenance of accountability for all the activities in the field of coaching psychology in agreement with legal, ethical and professional standards related to the field of coaching psychology